Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:42 pm   OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Ive joined turtle forums previously, but never really thought about joining a forum that pertains to my specific species of turtle, so here I am, and hello!!

Here is a pic and video of my RES of 3 months:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/436/f710a838a8ec4c2888fc340.png

(no turtles were harmed while creating this video lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmJMlyki5rY
Ant

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

What a great picture! You need to submit that for the monthly photo contest.

Oh! and welcome = : >
Into_the_Mystic

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

I agree, great picture! Nice looking tank in the video too.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Awwww!!! Cute!!!!
RIP (December 25- February 3)Aqua
RIP (December 8- February 4) Turquoise
RIP 1 guinea pig- Maple Sugar
RIP (idr-idk) 2 shrimp- Glutton & Dancer
Triops longicadatus - Anthera
Aqua&turquoise

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:01 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Love the video!!! Are those green plants to the left real?
nariangel

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 am   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Great picture and welcome to the forum!
devilduck

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Welcome!
HRC

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

nariangel wrote:Love the video!!! Are those green plants to the left real?

Thanks everyone :)

Yes the plant are real, they are called "golden pothos", and my turtles, fresh water lobster, snails, and pleco love to eat them.

They survive well under water, and I need ti replace them about every month or so becuase they eat them right down to the stumps.
Ant

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

I would be careful with pothos ivy. I've read that is definitely toxic to mammals but it's long term effects on turtles is unknown.
devilduck

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Yes I have read that too but no one has ever produced any evidence at all. If you get the time, can you please link me to some evidence, for the life of me I cant find any.

i have had them in the tank for almost 4 months now and my turtle and other critters are absolutely fine. The turtle is growing well, colors are great, very active, etc.
Ant

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Welcome. I saw you over at Austins Turtle Forum :)
1 YBS ~ Squirtle
4 Mini Doxies ~ Pebbles, Sam, Donut & Rosco
2 Snails ~ Bluey and Jerry
sweety10189110

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:35 pm   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Yup, that's me :)
Ant

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 am   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

Ant wrote:Yes I have read that too but no one has ever produced any evidence at all. If you get the time, can you please link me to some evidence, for the life of me I cant find any.

i have had them in the tank for almost 4 months now and my turtle and other critters are absolutely fine. The turtle is growing well, colors are great, very active, etc.

I don't think any real research has been done on this, so it might be fine. Most people just err on the side of safety. I moved my pathos ivy into my fish tank and thinking of doing a sweet potato vine in the turtle tank.
devilduck

Post Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:30 am   Re: OMG Another intro thread! :) HI! with Vid & Pic

I'm not sure about the variety species of Golden Pothos plants but my turtles love them. I let them consume this plants from time to time and they are thriving. Maybe it is like herbs to these guys.
ozh

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.