Photo Gallery :: Snot & Boogies.

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 am   Snot & Boogies.

Been a few months since Snot (YBS Female I am assuming) and Boogies (RES obviously a boy) have checked in. Here is a pretty recent photo of them both caught in the act of Ghost Shrimp hunting. (They still fail to catch any to this day)
Boogie's shell is a little bumpy from his early few months when I wasn't sure how to take care of turtles yet. Best thing about it is it hasn't got any worse, just kinda stayed the same. Hopefully I can get him to shed with some time in the kiddy pool outside and some blueberry treats once a week. Other than that, they are strong and healthy. Oh and Snot is kinda mean sometimes. Tries to bite me but when I put my finger near her face to let her (I know I'm weird) she stops trying to. Has yet to nail me. :P

Both are around or a little over 3 inches. Haven't grown too much lately. I feed them pellets on Sat and Wed and various greens day to day. Boogies is a sweet heart though. I put my hand in the water and he'll swim up and put his front feet on my hand like hes ready to go eat. lol Anyways, that's it for now. :D
valladin82

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 am   Re: Snot & Boogies.

They look great. A lot of us have been adding in some Koi pellets (wheat germ based) to help encourage shedding.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:55 am   Re: Snot & Boogies.

Never seen the Koi Pellets in the store, are they only available online?
valladin82

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 pm   Re: Snot & Boogies.

I know you can find them as farm supply stores like Tractor Supply.
All I Want in Life is to be Happy!!
Listen97

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:48 am   Re: Snot & Boogies.

Haha, well I live in Pinellas Park FL, I can't think of any Tractor Supply places or farm supply places near me. Maybe an hour drive outside of Tampa. LOL
valladin82

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 pm   Re: Snot & Boogies.

valladin82 wrote:Never seen the Koi Pellets in the store, are they only available online?

I know petland has them in store, so most others stores should have them too.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:28 am   Re: Snot & Boogies.

I remember reading about the Koi pellets a while back and I checked my local pet stores, like 4 of them and couldn't find it. Is there a particular brand name for them? They seem to really enjoy the blue berries, so far I've only fed them one twice this past 5 or so days. Is there any suggestions on how many I can safely feed them and how often?
valladin82

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm   Re: Snot & Boogies.

I love their names! :)
RosesNKeeks

Return to Photo Gallery