Photo Gallery :: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 pm   Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

I've caught a bad case of MTS and just finished setting up Fred's old 20L tank as a planted fish tank in the office This was my first time using the fishless cycling method using pure ammonia. I seeded the tank by squeezing the nasty mud from sponges from Fred's aged filter into the tank. Got everything cycled in less than 2 weeks! :D Though I think the XP3 in a 20 gallon fish tank is definitely overkill.

I've moved the 6 tiger barbs, 2 remaining feeder minnows, and 1 CAE out of the turtle tank and into the new tank and out from Fred's menu.

Bad cell phone pictures:
Attachments
mts3.jpg
CAE, which sudden changed into this neat gold color last month, makes herself right at home.
mts2.jpg
Tiger barbs still getting used to their new home
mts1.jpg
3 types of java fern, java moss, and some tiny Anubias nana Petite
devilduck

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:42 am   Re: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

Smart move since it sounds like you love your fishes!
Their tank looks great!
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
penelope

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:18 am   Re: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

Smart move since it sounds like you love your fishes!
Their tank looks great!
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
penelope

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 am   Re: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

Thanks! Funny how "let's try some feeder fish" turned into "I must have a fish tank!"
devilduck

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:02 pm   Re: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

Looks great, are you going to add more inhabitants in there?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:26 pm   Re: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

How many fish can I put in to a 20 gallon long? I already have 9 in there. The Chinese Algae eater I've read gets pretty big, if it grows a couple of more inches, he will have have to go back into Fred's 55 gallon.
devilduck

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:18 pm   Re: Succumbed to MTS (Multi-Tank Syndrome)

i think the rule of thumb for fish is, 1 inch per gallon.

coool planted tank. I bet Fred WOULD like some "chinese" food. :mrgreen: :twisted: :D
Gracie Turts

Return to Photo Gallery