Photo Gallery :: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm   Random Turtle and Fish Pics

Went out today and snaped a few pics of our turtles and fish. We currently have 10 RES and 1 Soft Shell.

This is the cover i put around my pond when its pretty hot outside that way the sides of the metal dont make the water too warm. it works real nice and actually keeps the sides of the metal cool.

This is our Oscar that I caught while fishing. Hes a Albino. Real calm Oscar too, he lets me pet him and bring him up from the bottom to the surface. I think hes been taking out my Minnow Population tho haha. We also have a Huge catfish in here but he was hiding at the time and I also have a GIANT gold fish I caught while fishing last night. iv caught a LOAD of HUGEEEE Gold fish while fishing. I think someone let a bunch go and they just grew real large.

Here are some small blue gill

And here are some other pics of the turtles and the pond.

I ended up putting the trashcan filter in the pond because i was having trouble with the waterfall area not having all the water go straight into the pond and instead leaking over the side. So I just threw it in a corner and now its running perfect and keeping my pond pretty clean.

Right now We have 3 Large RES, and 7 Small RES and 1 Soft Shell turtle with misc Fish. I ended up selling the large soft shell I had to a friend with a big empty pond and also gave him a huge catfish I had. I caught a smaller sized catfish last night and threw it in my pond along with a nice sized gold fish.

What ya think?
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:58 pm   Re: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

Looks pretty good. Everyone looks healthy. Wild caught fish can carry loads of parasites, so I wouldn't just put anything into a huge pond (as tempting as it may be).
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:34 am   Re: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

steve wrote:Looks pretty good. Everyone looks healthy. Wild caught fish can carry loads of parasites, so I wouldn't just put anything into a huge pond (as tempting as it may be).

Yeah Iv actually just been putting stuff in here from one main pond iv been fishing at. all the fish i get from this other pond die for some reason when I put them in my pond water and every time i do that the water gets a weird oil on the top of the water and i have to clean out my whole pond so no more of that. so now im sticking to just one specific pond for my fish. I mainly get blue gill and LOADS of these guppie fish, there are like 3 or 4 different types of guppie in there tho, there are the normal brown ones, then there are bigger ones that have orange fins that look real pretty and then there are these HUGE ones that look like Danios almost...Iv seen 2 Oscars be taken out of that pond so far too that people have thrown in. there is also a map turtle I think in the pond that I have been trying to catch haha. I also seen a Albino RES in the pond where all the fish die if i put them in my pond, i was like WHAT!!! and then it seen me and zoomed away, there are snappers, soft shells, res, and a few other types i cant tell what they are in that one where i dont take fish from any more. I wounder if that Albino was born there cuz who would be crazy enough to let that go, and somewhat small
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:40 am   Re: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

Nice job! All your turts and fish are beautiful!
RosesNKeeks

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm   Re: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

Looks awesome! Where are you located? Wish I could do an outdoor pond but Georgia is freezing in the winter!
"Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell."
- Bill Copeland
Nighthawk11

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 pm   Re: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

Im like a hour south from phoenix in casa grande arizona. Arizona gets super cold in the winter too. Cold enough to make ur dog water u leave out side turn to one chunk of ice...
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 pm   Re: Random Turtle and Fish Pics

really awesome pond set up!! also i'm really jealous of your adorable softshell turtle
AllTheCandies

Return to Photo Gallery