Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to website, Veteran (I guess) turtle owner

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:36 am   New to website, Veteran (I guess) turtle owner

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have had Mr. Turtle for 16 years now. I got him as a young teenager, and just recently realized that I needed to learn more about proper care for him. I have found that most of what I have been doing is right on the money, but some other areas need great improvement. Going shopping for a larger tank and other things tomorrow. Thanks for all the great info on here!! :)
tissigirl

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:46 am   

Replying to my own post. LOL Everyone seems like fairly new RES owners. Anyone have older ones? Also, does anyone know how long their lifespan is? Apparantly it must be longer than 16 years! lol
tissigirl

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:49 am   

haha Yeah when I read the 16 years I was shocked. I think you have the record. I've heard they live up to 75 years? I could be way wrong though. lol. But that's a lonnnggg freaking time. Shoot 16 is a long time for a pet.
Nicole
Hide and Seek are almost 4.5" each
1 Bearded Dragon named Ben :)
kneecole

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:54 am   

the 75 mark is for tortoises and box turtles I'm fairly sure.

The average I've read on the lifespan of RES is 30 years. But that is from just one source. My turtle book.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.