Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: 8 is Enuff

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:36 am   using your brain

wow nice idea funny I was just laying in bed last night trying to think of ways o make safe ramp basking area the wild things i saw happening lol :idea: but the astro turf stuff seems to be the ticket never thought of it so since I can't use your craftmanship I'm gonna use your brain hope you dont mind :wink: thank you all for the things you share here it really helps me alot have yet to find any home locally owned that has little turtles so there really is no one to talk to about em keep the pictures and ideas coming guys question about lights how do you place the uv light and the one for warming side by side across from each other is there one bulb that can do both ??
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:24 am   

Thanks Lydia! I was a little bit unsure if I should post so many pics cause I haven't seen a whole lot on here and wasn't sure what others would think. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the pics. As long as I know that someone's getting use out of them I'll keep putting them up. I'm pretty proud of the little guys. :) Plus I like to show off their home as I do new things to it. :D:D
judo42

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:14 pm   

Well I just picked up a new 30 gallon tank. It's a little bit longer than the one I'm using right now, but my current greeny tank is wider and taller. Since 8 are in my big tank and they're pretty crowded in there, I plan on putting the three smallest in the 30 gallon. Got a good deal on the tank...traded an old glass dining room table for it. Wanted to get rid of the table anyway.
Once I get the new tank setup I'll take some pics and post'em. May be a while though cause I'm pretty much broke and I'll need to get a good filter, heater and lights. No extras to be had at my house yet. =)
judo42

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:37 pm   

Hmm, and I thought bartering was dead :D , that was a good deal, congrats :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:37 am   

Nope. Bartering is still alive, however it may be considered to be more on life support at this time. :)

There is a website, www.craigslist.com, where you can trade, buy or sell anything. It's free and also a good place to get great deals on all kinds of stuff. Here in San Diego there is a guy selling a 300 gal above ground turtle pond for $100.00. Also a lot of deals on aquariums, filters and other supplies. Hope that this helps anyone looking for stuff for their setups at home.
judo42

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:55 pm   

That link is bad, it is supposed to be www.craigslist.org , I tried to click on it and it said it was a bad gateway, you were close though :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:34 pm   

Oops. I put the comma too close to the web address and it included it as part of the address. Thanks for catching and correcting that Stray!
judo42

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:48 pm   

You're welcome, I guess it can be either .com or .org :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:03 pm   

judo.. good job with the basking area.
one thing though.. do you have that one lamp clamped right onto the plexi-glass? is it done up on such a fashion that it won't accidentally fall in?

I am doing the same thing as you, utilizing tha maximum amount of aquarium space by using a canopy for a basking area.. but in your case, plexiglass over the inside lip of the tank itself.

If you don't have it cut precisely.. watch that lamp.. champ!
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Previous

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.