General Care Discussion :: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Stress Coat

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:04 am   Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Stress Coat

I got this for free when i got my xp3 filter from Big Als. Is this ok to use for the turts sake. I have been using reptisafe and now i'm planning on getting the big water conditioner (64oz) for them. Any opinions?
crocs27

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 am   

I haven't tried it, what does the package say it does?

I have been using BigAl's water conditioner, so far so good. Definitely cheaper than constantly buying little blue bottles of ReptiSafe.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:35 am   

I thought stress coat was more for fish in aquariums, but I may be wrong. We always used it with our fish.
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:41 am   

Well it's used for fish to replace their slime coat, but it also removes chlorine and chloramine. I'd just think there'd have to be a better solution and less expensive one than Stress Coat for a turtle tank considering the quantity of the stuff you have to use. I'd assume if it's safe for fish it should be safe to condition your water with it for the turtles. I have a bottle here for the fish.. I'll do some checking up on it :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:54 am   

It should be safe to use, although not really necessary. I've read of some keepers using it in the water for irritated skin.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to General Care Discussion