Habitat - Indoor :: can turtles drown is a lot of water ?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:13 pm   

No, they may "test" a plastic plant once then they leave it alone. I wouldn't put a plastic plant with very fine, featherly leaves in with Spot, but plants like the one in the thread with sturdy leaves are fine.
SpotsMama
SpotsMama
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:12 pm   

I wouldn't worry too much, I have 2 babys (6 months old) 1 is really active, and is always swimming and playing, the other just likes to bask all day, and there both healthy and happy, turtles have different personalities, just like people
1Leopard Gecko
2 Red Ear Slider
xtacsoulja

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:33 pm   

My turts are 5", 9" and 7.5" and they still sleep in the reptile hammock and fake plants that i put in their tank. Sometimes all three are sleeping on the hammock and it looks quite cramped but hey im not sleeping in there lol.. They wont eat plastic plants they seem to know which are potential food and which are are just a sofa etc lol...
2 Res Jody and Jenny both adults
1 Ybs Joey adult
craigal_31

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:11 pm   

How is Tamworth this time of year .
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
joeybsmooth

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 pm   

Haha cold Joey.. Not as pleasant as South Carolina i bet lol.
1 Ybs Joey adult
craigal_31

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:27 pm   

It is just a bit nippy, but for most of the day I had shorts on.
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
joeybsmooth

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:15 pm   

Now your just showing off lol... Its rarely warm enough for shorts in summer over here lol...
1 Ybs Joey adult
craigal_31

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm   Re: can turtles drown is a lot of water ?

Hello I have a question. My sister and my son have had a small turtle for about 3weeks now. I noticed that it was not in water and he woyld always hide under a blanket.. Do u think he is ok neing out of water for so long??? Now I placed him in a big tank and g
He seems to swim but is always trying to reach for air at the top. I added a floaty but he does not want to go there, should I be wortied???
Axelmmam

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:11 am   Re: can turtles drown is a lot of water ?

You need to revisit how you are keeping him. He shouldn't have a blanket and should be in his tank. Do you have a picture of your setup?
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor