Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi everyone....

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:30 pm   Hi everyone....

Im a new parent of 2 wonderful turtles, 1 male ..Rocko and Shelley's the female, sp far this is the best site i've found for info and its helped us out sooo much so thanks you everyone for all the great advise.... Once I can get ahold of a digi cam i'll post some pics of my buddies...thanks again for all the great advise and I'm excited about learning more so they can have the best possible care... :lol:
KYLA

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:30 pm   

Another Canadian, eh? Nice to see ya! :D
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:42 pm   

Yes, welcome Kyla. Please post some pics of your greeenies as soon as you can. I'm taking it as a personal challenge to try and get everyone registered on this site to post pics of their "children". :)

The moderators for the site definitely seem to be on the ball and have good information and experiences. Great place for you to learn the ins and outs of greeny care.
judo42

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:36 pm   

If you have an undeveloped roll with pictures of the turtles you can take it to walmart or walgreens or any other photo place, most if not all can put the pictures on a CD for you in addition to developing your pictures.
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:59 pm   

Welcome Kyla. :lol:
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:24 pm   

welcome kyla and I agree it has been a most helpful site full of very nice people hmmmmm wonder if owning greenies makes you nicer :lol: just a thought there :?:
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:17 am   

Hi Kyla and welcome!

Lydia - My friends say that I have now become moderately tolerable to be around since I got my greenies. :D
judo42

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:28 am   Nicer

hmmmm if theres trueth in all this perhaps .....I mean being a well informed turt owner is time consuming and expensive but very relaxing enjoyable and rewarding...... so if someones just using the docs couch to experience this maybe(use your money for building the best indoor/out door haitat ever)...... ummmm and it might make you a more tolerable mellow giving person.....
ummm Kyla we could be on to something here :lol:
I'm thinking turt owners were always maybe nice people maybe just not totally educated in turtle care hey
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:43 am   

Well, there you have it Lydia. We can start handing out greenies to all those that get convicted of violent crimes and send them to a greeny care. Heck, maybe start giving the greenies to prisoners in jail and that would solve two problems. One, it would help reform the convicts and two, it would help to provide good homes to the greenies. :D
judo42

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:18 pm   nicer

there we go and just think lonely depressed people can enjoy em too
time ya spend on educating purchasing and caring who has time for all that nonsense :P hmmmm maybe we will create more crooks PET STORES BEWARE guess theres pros and cons to every good idea :roll:
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:49 pm   

good stuff kyla.. where'd you get your turts from??? RaysReptiles on South Bank St.? they're free to a good home from them. But they want to see proof of an adequate setup before they'll let you walk out with any..

They had a couple Florida Cooters there just before Christmas.. I haven't been there since, so they might not be around.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:08 pm   

:lol: Ya if it was only that easy to make cranky mean people become nice.... :) But I have to say these guys are going to be spoiled when Im done....well i've had them for about 3 weeks and so far so good, its just so much fun and relaxing to sit and watch them play and swim.

No i didnt go to Ray's, I adopted them from someone I used to work who could not manage to keep them anymore and well I was a little worried about where she was going to give them so I agreed to take them. :) Im not sure they where given that adequate care they needed (she only fed them lettuce and only after finding this site, and from the info and advice here I found out that they need a larger tank (two of them in a 50 gallon) so we have lots of work ahead of us. But its rewarding to see them happy and swimming, even if it does cost me lots of money.... :D I actaully am going back to Rays this weekend to get some info on Equiptment...they are wonderful there!!!

I'll be borrowing a digi cam this weekend to take some pics of them and i'll post them as soon as I can :)
KYLA

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.