Photo Gallery :: Sheba's new tank set up - UPDATED

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:44 pm   

Nice pics! She's a very satisfied-looking turtle. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:09 am   

industrial_girl_2000 wrote: When I first got it I had it in the opposite corner of the tank. Sheba would wedge herself underneath it, stand up, & walk with it to move it to the other side of the tank. It made a lot of noise & it was funny to watch.

That's so cute! She can't get stuck under it now thought, right? My Karlyn tries to rip down her basking dock all the time.. its a zoomed.. I had to replace the suction cups so she can't now, but I was afraid she would drown..cause she would wedge herself between it and the glass, and the top suction cups were still attached and she would rip the bottom ones that were under water loose... Do you know how old Sheba is? How many inches is she?
¨*:·.-:¦:- Jessica -:¦:-·:*¨
Female RES, Karlyn AKA "Moochie" :mrgreen:
Hoooneylynn

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:27 am   

BullDog wrote:I like that tree root! Is it real wood? Or artificial? I think Ralph needs something like that for his tank, but all I've seen where I live are the smaller size ones (which really wouldn't be practical at all :P)

It's made out of a hollow thick plastic. If I remember correctly, I got it at Petco. You may be able to find it on their website online!
Kristin's Pond! Starring:

RES = "Sheba", 21+ yrs. old
African Clawed Frog = "Prog", 10 yrs old
& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:33 am   

RiverChubbs wrote:Hi Sheba's Mommy. How do you get your pump to stay in place under water. I have that same one but smaller (for up to 30 gals) and the turtles always take it off it's track and it just kinda floats under water wherever, as you can see in the pics.

Well, I have only had this filter for about 2 weeks now and so far, Sheba hasn't pulled it off the track. It is fairly heavy though, so I would imagine that the weight helps keep it there. I guess if I had to do something to keep the turts from moving it, I might just silicon/glue the bracket onto the filter permanently. It would be a bit of a pain when you clean it since you have to remove the entire thing with the suction cups, but it might solve the problem.

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:35 am   

grey goose wrote:Now THATS a beautiful turtle.....

Thank you so much for the nice comment! I'll let Sheba know you said so! :D :D :D

::beaming with pride::

She's my baby & I love her so much! :D

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:42 am   

Hoooneylynn wrote:
industrial_girl_2000 wrote: When I first got it I had it in the opposite corner of the tank. Sheba would wedge herself underneath it, stand up, & walk with it to move it to the other side of the tank. It made a lot of noise & it was funny to watch.

That's so cute! She can't get stuck under it now thought, right? My Karlyn tries to rip down her basking dock all the time.. its a zoomed.. I had to replace the suction cups so she can't now, but I was afraid she would drown..cause she would wedge herself between it and the glass, and the top suction cups were still attached and she would rip the bottom ones that were under water loose... Do you know how old Sheba is? How many inches is she?

Thanks! No, Sheba can't get stuck under her tree root. It's roomy enough for her to go underneath it, but she's too big to swim thru it.

I've heard that some people had trouble with their basking docks. I did consider the large zoo med dock, but didn't pick that one because I was afraid she would eat it. That's why I went with the acrylic dock. Sheba is heavy enough to tip it a bit, but those suction cups do NOT let loose. Even I have a hard time moving this dock if I want to clean it!

I don't know how old Sheba is. I do know that I have had her for 17 yrs. She was 6 inches long when I got her, and now she is a fully grown 11 inches long. She hasn't grown in 5 yrs so I think she is done growing (thank goodness!).

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 am   

Such a clean tank!!!
Turtle and Jeep,,two things I can't live without.
memo911

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:37 pm   

why cant i rub my turtle's chin? Everytime i touch her, she goes inside her shell :-(

but she let's me rub her shell once in a while...
ploskinj

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:39 pm   

sheba is one of the loveliest turtles i have ever seen :) what a gorgeous shell.
The menagerie: 1 cat//1 pleco////1 glass fish//2 snails//2 ghost shrimp//4 red ear sliders//5 tetras//5 guppies
.This.is.Madness.
pumpkinsherbet

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:52 pm   

pumpkinsherbet wrote:sheba is one of the loveliest turtles i have ever seen :) what a gorgeous shell.

Thank you so much! I just adore her. :D

She's currently shedding some of the scutes that had hard-water stains so I'm happy to report that she is looking even better these days. :)

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:50 pm   

what size ramp is that? I'm trying to plan ahead since I have a turtle that is growing quickly and I want a good set up for him when he and his friend outgrow their current setting.

(Mind you we named them Franklin and Bitey but they are girls we think so we are planning on a few mor inches from each of them)
swimlib

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:35 am   

swimlib wrote:what size ramp is that? I'm trying to plan ahead since I have a turtle that is growing quickly and I want a good set up for him when he and his friend outgrow their current setting.

(Mind you we named them Franklin and Bitey but they are girls we think so we are planning on a few mor inches from each of them)

It's the "LARGE" size acrylic ramp from the Foster's website.

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:12 pm   

shes HUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .. She'd probably eat my RES :(
jasmiester

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:25 pm   

jasmiester wrote:shes HUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .. She'd probably eat my RES :(

LOL. She's only aggressive towards other turtles, but thank goodness very gentle towards people. :)

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 pm   Re: Sheba's new tank set up - UPDATED

Would love to see an update on Sheba :)
kathywa

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery