Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi everyone

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

How many basking turtles can you stack without them toppling over?

1-3
No votes
4-6
45%
7 or more
36%
What a cruel thing to do!!!!
18%

Total votes : 11

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:31 pm   Hi everyone

Hi all!!!
Nice to see our faithful site is back up and running (almost). It was a tense week or so when I didn't know what happened.

An update on Franklin-- He's in a 40 gallon long tank, approx 2", has everything but an adequate filter. It's an AquaClear 200. I clean it more than usual, as the filter can't really handle the tank, and do about 2 half water changes a week. This will have to do until I get some extra funds for a Fluval.

He's happy and healthy, and doest attack my hand when i put it in the tank anymore. He just swims over and sits on my hand so I can take him out. He likes to jump off my hand about 3 inches over the water.... Good times!!
bradhart

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:42 pm   

I have seen pics of more than 10 turts all stacked on one another!!! Not just in one straight line though. Buy boy they are good at stacking.
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:44 pm   

thats awesome!!!

I'm tempted to get another just to watch them bask on each other... but of course I cannot take care of 2 :(
bradhart

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:05 pm   

It's really cute when you see em' on top one another. I have 4 RES total two in one tank and two in another. Both sets stack on top of each other. Actually my fat boy is about 3+ inches bigger than the other and he stacks on top of the smaller one, sometimes I worry of he will squish it. But the smaller one doesn't mind it a bit, so i just let them carry on :roll: And the hatchlings are just sooooo darling when they stack.
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:01 pm   

just trying tpo get a pic up... don't mind me...
bradhart

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.