Equipment Review and Discussion :: Wonder Shell for Turtles

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:38 am   Re: Wonder Shell for Turtles

I wasn't trying to be rude,"The speak English comment" just didn't understand what she was saying.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:10 am   Re: Wonder Shell for Turtles

I know, but if English is not her first language then it might not have been clear for her.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 am   Re: Wonder Shell for Turtles

My apology to Stefania . I hope I did not offend you. Speak English is an expression some people use if we dont understand what someone is talking about.Thank you for the information.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:01 am   Re: Wonder Shell for Turtles

OK, I can explain everything (even UFO)... Uh...I have read the article about wonder shell and as the general surgeon I cannot say yes or no :) Every medicaments are like a sword. It can be dangerous or safe in different conditions, especially, when story is about calcium. For example, one young women (before small surgical operation in gynecology area) was examenated in some way like: "Are you on any tablets at the moment? We must know before giving you a general anaesthetic." Her answer was "No". Next day she died on operation table because of an extensive thrombosis. She was on calcium tablets last several years. And she doesn`t think that it can be called like some seriouse medicaments. So, "the wonder shell" can be recommended by herp.vet, my opinion, if turtle was before in poor enviroment. But I am not sure that is for daily use. Because I never tell to my patient take any calcium tablets, but just only Calcium Sandoz Forte Effervescent tablets. May be it works like "the wonder shell". But it is a very effective treatment for long time period. One tube of tablets is just once or twice for a year. May be it will be good idea to add in water just one "the wonder shell" in 6 months.
P.S. I am not a gynecologyst and she wasn`t my patient. We just have heard this story from gynecology department.
http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... %20Turtles
1 RES / scripta elegance / Earl (Graf in Russian) was born ~ April 2012
1 RES / scripta troosti / Kumberland (Kumber) was born ~ August 2012
http://vk.com/brigitta_stefania
Stefania

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion