Equipment Review and Discussion :: RENA xp1 canister filter

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:56 pm   

steve wrote:LOL, well you could actually go to the place you're using to pricematch :)

Haha true. I just forgot to mention that there are usually coupons involved in the pricematching for office supply stores as well.
jdub1107

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:00 pm   

marisa wrote:Even when I did price match, I didn't do it all the time for fear of abusing it. I was told that Petsmart did it to keep the goodwill of its customers--and I would think it would work the other way as well. If it is being done regionally or on a store-by-store basis, would alerting corporate headquarters cause problems?

That's a good point. Maybe I should not email corporate for fear of all stores changing their policy. I've price matched on a few items already at my local Petsmart. I'm afraid to pricematch too many things for fear of being known as "that pricematch guy". I think I've been in there at least 3 times a week since I got turtles and fancy guppies.
When I got the xP3, the manager didn't even blink at the $100 price difference and just ok'd it. Same thing at Petco, I got my bulb there for $40 instead of the $80 they were priced at. Manager seemed fine with it as well.
jdub1107

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:52 pm   

oh yes after finding out that petsmart would match their online price to took the xp1 back that I paid 109.99 for and got the xp3 for 104.99 I did think that 109.99 was a lil much for the xp1 after readin all the posts about it!!! :D
Skdbrd

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion