Feeding and Nutrition :: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:14 am   RES Diet/Schedule Help.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if someone could possibly recommend a diet and schedule to me for a 12 year old Red Eared Slider. I'm trying to keep him as healthy as possible but don't know exactly what to feed him, how much of it and when?
Right now my schedules all over the place. I feed him amount of pellets to fit in head every other day, provide a piece of cuttlebone everyday and provide lettuce on veggie clip everyday. Also randomly feed veggies when I feel I should.
Can someone give me a sort of specific schedule and diet I can shape mine around? I'm just not sure what to do.
WillyBoi

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 am   Re: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

There is a feeding list where people list what they do. What kind of lettuce/veggies are you using? I tend to prefer using veggies in the morning and a few pellets at night.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 am   Re: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

steve wrote:There is a feeding list where people list what they do. What kind of lettuce/veggies are you using? I tend to prefer using veggies in the morning and a few pellets at night.

I use romaine lettuce, carrot peels, cucumber, red pepper. Basically any veggie i find in my fridge that isn't harmful.
Do you think that 1/2 head amount of pellets and a mix of veggies (lettuce, cucumber, carrots) everyday is way too much for an adult res?
WillyBoi

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:11 pm   Re: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

Way too much? No sounds good but keep an eye to make sure the poop is consistent and normal looking. What brand pellets are you using? You can cut back on the cuttlebone.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm   Re: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

steve wrote:Way too much? No sounds good but keep an eye to make sure the poop is consistent and normal looking. What brand pellets are you using? You can cut back on the cuttlebone.

Don't think they're very good ones, but Nutrafin Max pellets. I'm thinking of buying a couple different pellets and changing it up for my variety in his diet.
WillyBoi

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:22 pm   Re: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

Omega One seems to be the best brand currently.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 am   Re: RES Diet/Schedule Help.

Lol, you guys have some fancy brand. We only get weird chinese stuff here ahahah!
PokePony

Return to Feeding and Nutrition