Feeding and Nutrition :: I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 am   I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

Ok so i heard that omega one is one of the best brand out there..So i decided to buy this : https://www.amazon.com/Omega-One-Floating-Turtle-Sticks/dp/B00A7MSIVE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1501254837&sr=1-1&keywords=Omega+One+Floating+Adult+Turtle+Sticks+2lb

I don't know if it's worth it or not but whatever.What do you think?..Anyways,the questions are,for a 5 inch turtle,

How much should i feed it?
Do i feed it everyday or every other day only?
Should i give them veggies everyday and is there such thing as too much veggie?
How long do you think this food will last?

I'm not a new turtle owner or something..I just want to correct their diet..Thanks for the help :D
Aurelia

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 pm   Re: I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:55 pm   Re: I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

It's a great pellet but that is a huge amount. You only need to use a little, like about 1/3 the size of their head daily. You'll probably have plenty left by the time it reaches the expiration date.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 am   Re: I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

No worries..i have koi fish that will eat anything they see...and the thing is,they don't sell any good turtle food here in my country and the only reputable brand is Nutrafin floating turtle pellet (not the gammarus) which i don't like and I'm afraid that if i buy the small one it would finish in no time which means i have to order it again...How long do you think the food would last before it expires?
Aurelia

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 am   Re: I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

Most manufacturers of turtle foods will have an expiration date stamped somewhere on it. Most on bottom. Sometimes it's a small font and hard to find. I have seen some stamped over other print making it very hard to see.

Maybe use a smaller container to feed out of daily so not to open the 2# container as much , could make it stay fresher longer ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 pm   Re: I bought this food.Need help with schedule.

That's what I do litefoot, use a glass jar to store the pellets in a smaller container.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition