Feeding and Nutrition :: Can Turtles lose appetite from small tank?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 pm   Can Turtles lose appetite from small tank?

I usually feed my turtle green leaf lettuce but lately she's only been eating the dark green parts not the lighter green parts. :?
Right now her tank is took small but for christmas she's getting a 50gal. I'm not too worried because I think she will start eating more after she gets her new tank. :)
She is eating pellets. She's acting picky like when I first started veggies.
Nerdycatgamer

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:16 pm   Re: Can Turtles lose appetite from small tank?

I wouldn't think it's from the small tank. Sometimes they get moody, sometimes bored. My male RES has appetite changes throughout the year. Meanwhile, my female RES has an endless appetite year round.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:34 pm   Re: Can Turtles lose appetite from small tank?

steve wrote:I wouldn't think it's from the small tank. Sometimes they get moody, sometimes bored. My male RES has appetite changes throughout the year. Meanwhile, my female RES has an endless appetite year round.

thanks a lot Steve you're really helpful. The pet shops around here don't tell you much and I doubt the vets do either
Nerdycatgamer

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:21 pm   Re: Can Turtles lose appetite from small tank?

It's hard finding a good vet. Some of the older ones are not up to date, or hold onto outdated ideals and beliefs. Even a good vet might not entirely see eye to eye with you.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition