Feeding and Nutrition :: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

I just found this and am trying my own mix for my turtle. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17486
With man, some things are possible. With God, all things are possible.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 black lab/springer spaniel/akita, Razzle.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:28 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

RedEaredJade wrote:I just found this and am trying my own mix for my turtle. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17486

I would use that butmy parents don't like the idea sadly...
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:36 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

I'm sorry. Well, I'll let you know if I see any other ideas.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:00 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

RedEaredJade wrote:I'm sorry. Well, I'll let you know if I see any other ideas.

If someone made them for me, and sold them to me in bulk...I'd buy it. xD or consider it. As long as the ingredients are all natural.
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:53 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

Haha Okay, I'll keep my eyes open for retailers. Don't worry, you'll find a way to get your girls eating right. It just takes a little work, and a lot of love. It sounds like you've got it in you for plenty of both.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:26 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

RedEaredJade wrote:Haha Okay, I'll keep my eyes open for retailers. Don't worry, you'll find a way to get your girls eating right. It just takes a little work, and a lot of love. It sounds like you've got it in you for plenty of both.

Thanks. I already solved one problem. Now is just the other.
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:48 am   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

The tuna method is a good way to start. I want to add that while carrots are good for RES in small "installments", they shouldn't be eating it every day or even every week. It's possible to build up toxic levels of Vitamin A in their systems.
Jeremiah

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:23 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

Jeremiah wrote:The tuna method is a good way to start. I want to add that while carrots are good for RES in small "installments", they shouldn't be eating it every day or even every week. It's possible to build up toxic levels of Vitamin A in their systems.

I feed it every other day... Well what kind of veggies do they need to eat daily..?
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:24 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

Red leaf lettuce and dandelion greens are excellent.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:52 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

RedEaredJade wrote:Red leaf lettuce and dandelion greens are excellent.

Where do I get dandelion greens from? Certainly not from my pesticide ridden house right..?
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:18 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

No. Most grocery stores have them in the fresh vegetable section. They'll be in the same area as the heads of lettuce.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:20 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

RedEaredJade wrote:No. Most grocery stores have them in the fresh vegetable section. They'll be in the same area as the heads of lettuce.

Okay. I'll give those a try.
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:31 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

(-: Remember, just keep trying.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:17 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

RedEaredJade wrote:(-: Remember, just keep trying.

Anything for them to be honest. I was thinking of building a pond outside that I could keep them in the summer time and let aquatic plants grow.
SneakySushie

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 pm   Re: She eats her own poop but she won't eat a carrot.

That would be awesome! You'd just need to make sure that nothing could get to the turtles, think raccoons, possums, (possibly) birds of prey, and any types of snakes that might be in the area. I could be crazy, but snakes + turtles sounds bad to me. Also, that the turtles couldn't get out and wander off.
Do you have a UVA/UVB bulb for their tank inside?
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

PreviousNext

Return to Feeding and Nutrition