Feeding and Nutrition :: mustard greens

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 am   mustard greens

Wow! It's like spinach for Popeye!

I decided to leave her a rather large leaf this morning, see what she could do with it, since I read there's no way to overfeed lettuce (true?).

Well, the leaf is gone. And also, she's taken all of her furniture, her fake plant/rock/flowers, and moved them to one side, LOL! She got strength!

She's also on these new, fancy pellets. Very nutritious.

She moved everything to one side, except two huge rocks which she's not strong enough to move -- yet!

5 months until 2 proper feedings/day. Something tells me she can't wait! :msgreen:

Tuna and apple today, too. She's so spoiled :msgreen: :msgreen: :msgreen:

Update: OMG, she is moving the furniture again. I believe I have nurtured a super turtle. Who know how many times she's moved the furniture back and forth, LOL.

Can't wait for her next upgrade/larger tank. :) Presently 10 gallons, I think the next one is 40 or 50, comes with stand, filter, heater, conditioner...$220. I know a great aquarium shop for sure. So helpful. :msgreen: Appropriate bulbs... Just need a bigger basking spot. That's $25.

I am in awe. She is literally lifting the fake plant/flower rocks on her back. OMG!!!!!!! I thought she was just scooting them around!

Very cool.

Super Turtle. :msgreen:
Impulse Shopper

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:30 am   Re: mustard greens

I'd be worried is she's sporting a pipe :)

$200 plus for what you mentioned would be in range if you are getting top-name brand products/equipment. Packages and kits are not worth it. Since you are doing a mid-upgrade, it'll be better to pick and choose your equipment so you can use it in the final upgrade.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:32 am   Re: mustard greens

Mid-upgrade?! She can't grow much more. The thing is huge, the one I've set my sights on. Maybe I got the gallonage wrong, but I like the package deal... I really trust these aquarium owners (family run business). They have RES themselves. They've helped me be the super turtle mama I am today since day 2! :)

The final tank will be wall length. That's a little way's off ;)

Thank you!
Impulse Shopper

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:25 am   Re: mustard greens

A 40G breeder/or 55G seems to be the minimum for an adult male. Females should be in the 75-90G range for minimum (based on guidelines).
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition