Feeding and Nutrition :: feeding your res veggies

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:58 am   

There are many kinds of pellets. Mine are round, but they are not for goldfish by a long shot. Mine are made by zoo med, and they are for aquatic turtles. The sticks are for turtles too. Check out the petstores online and you can find a variety. Some are better than others too!
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:23 pm   

I think most turtle pellets are green sticks, but some are little balls.
fishandcandy

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:05 pm   

I feed sticks that are green, pink, and tan. The food that I give that's shaped like balls (some brands make larger ones that others) is dark brown, dark pink and tan.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:15 am   

My turtle loves pellets, loves carrots...but hates lettuce. Soaking the dandelion in tuna got my turtle to take a few bites (which is a step up from 0).....I need to get him to like this lettuce. I have tried everything and am getting frustrated!

perhaps i will try red leaf lettuce next...dandelions are failing
Turtle's name is "turtle"
sublime1008

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:18 am   

the red leaf lettuce might help because it has the red edges. My turts seem to be intrigued by things that are red and orange. If it fails, you can always withhold the pellets until he eats the veggies. It sounds cruel, but in the wild your turt wouldn't find something to eat everyday...especially if he was that picky.
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:50 pm   

even when i withold food, he still wont eat his lettuce....I dont think he knows that it is food. The carrot slivers look like pellets...or so I thought. Perhaps he likes them bc its orange like u say....I'll try the red leaf lettuce
Turtle's name is "turtle"
sublime1008

Previous

Return to Feeding and Nutrition