Habitat - Outdoor :: Outdoor or indoor? Baby red ear slider

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:58 am   Outdoor or indoor? Baby red ear slider

Hi im a new turtle owner and currently im considering making my res an outdoor turtle. In the few weeks I had her or him I noticed the turtle really llikes to spend time outside and whenever I bring her inside she/he keeps scratching the cage in the direction of the sun . The tempreatures in my area usually range from 18 to 25 degrees Celsius and on hot summer days up to 35 .usually its very sunny we live in a high rise building so usually theres good air circulation. There's also this big abandoned man made pond where our old turtles and fish used to l8ve theres a water fall and caves and a rock house thing for basking but I don't know if he/her is big enough to live there yet plus im kind of concerned about birds attacking her the only type of bird I see around here are city piegons. I dont know whether or not they eat turtles.if I do let her or him live outside in definitely starting her/him on a small tank and am going to gradually increase the size as she /he gets bigger. Do u think its safe if I let her or him live outdoors
Ranadkhashab

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:28 pm   Re: Outdoor or indoor? Baby red ear slider

Indoor is probably better, but it depends on what the outdoor setup consists of. Are there other turtles there?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:12 pm   Re: Outdoor or indoor? Baby red ear slider

No he/she is alone but im planning on getting another one as soon as I know the sex of this one I dont want to wind up with unwanted tutrles what do you mean by setup?
Ranadkhashab

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:29 pm   Re: Outdoor or indoor? Baby red ear slider

I mean is there are any other turtles in that pond? What's in there now? How big is it? A pond is great but you'd want the turtle to be safe in there. You should also interact with your turtle as little as possible, unless the pond is inescapable.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Outdoor