Habitat - Outdoor :: Identify this Pond!

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 pm   Identify this Pond!

I recently bought this preformed pond, but since it came used, and has such an odd shape, I have no way of figuring out its actual volume. A similarly-shaped product that I found holds about 87 gallons (according to Amazon.com).

I was hoping that somebody has seen/worked with this before, and knows how much water it holds? It's about 5' long by 4' wide. I'm a little concerned, because my dad wants to put a pair of adult RES in there (he firmly believes that even if it is 87 gallons, it has plenty of room for them for the rest of their lives). If all that ends up being the case, I'll give them to someone with better housing/husbandry skills.

Help!
Jeremiah

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 am   Re: Identify this Pond!

Its should be 220 gallons. I googled until I found one that looks exact same and listed gallons. When I entered your dimensions in a pond calculator and guessing 2ft deep. It equaled in ball park area.

If you want to be exactly sure, next time the pond is empty. Locate the water meter in your house. Fi it has one. Not sure if all houses have those lol. Write down the number before you fill then the number after its filled. Water meter keep track of gallons used.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:44 pm   Re: Identify this Pond!

Wow! Thanks--what a relief. I can't seem to find my water meter, so would you say that it would be less than ~220 gallons, due to the curved edges of the top half? I just realized that the dimensions I gave did not take into account the "butterfly" shape of the sides.
Jeremiah

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:13 pm   Re: Identify this Pond!

Do you have this pond filled all the way or do you just have the bottom part filled like in the pic? No its should be 220gallons if filled all the way up.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:13 pm   Re: Identify this Pond!

As of now, it's only partially filled (testing for leaks). I was just curious about how the flared edges would affect the estimated volume, if at all.
Jeremiah

Return to Habitat - Outdoor