Habitat - Outdoor :: Heater question?

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:44 pm   Heater question?

So i have a stock tank that is outdoors, uncovered with all the natural elements. I have a 100 gallon stock tank and need a heater. I bought one that i was going to use for an indoor habitat, it was a stealth heater. So i used it in the stock tank outdoors and it stopped working. So i read the instructions and it said indoor use only. So since i used it wrong it obviously wont be covered under the warranty. What would be a good choice for a heater for this stock tank?

I was thinking a pond heater but all i can find is bond de-icers which i assume are different and would not work for what i need.

Any help would be appreciated.
Skids

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:23 pm   Re: Heater question?

Your out of luck with pond heaters. There really isnt any heaters but de-icers which are sololy to keep a whole in the ice to allow oxygen into the water and gases to escape. A pond is really ment to go with the flow of the seasons not stay warm all year around.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:21 am   Re: Heater question?

You can get Pond Heaters, but they're huge and tske up so much power. Also, they'll cost 1,000+.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:17 am   Re: Heater question?

Also avoid stealth pro heaters as they can explode. I have 4 regular stealths, 2 stopped working properly... so I might avoid them all together.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:43 am   Re: Heater question?

Im sure you can just go tell the people it stoped working and not mention you used it out side and they will replace it. how the hell will they know you used it outside lol...its not like a cell phone where they can tell if you got water on it or not :D
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm   Re: Heater question?

thats what i plan on doing SINI5T3R, i ordered it online and they have a 1800 number for customer service so i plan on calling that say it broke and hopefully get a new one. Then i will sell the new one or save it to use on a feeder tank.
Skids

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 pm   Re: Heater question?

Diamondbacks4Life wrote:Your out of luck with pond heaters. There really isnt any heaters but de-icers which are sololy to keep a whole in the ice to allow oxygen into the water and gases to escape. A pond is really ment to go with the flow of the seasons not stay warm all year around.

good to know and luckily i live in southern California so it doesn't get below 50 to much here.
Skids

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:19 am   Re: Heater question?

I would ask for credit or something else... I wouldn't get more of their heaters (Stealth Pro or other).
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 pm   Re: Heater question?

The stealth heaters were discontinued a while ago. The stealth pro have been recalled by the manufacturer. Most stores are now asking you to return the stealth pro in exchange for a credit. The stealth pro has been removed from the Marineland page. can only assume it's be discontinued... at least for now.
VeipaCray

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:28 pm   Re: Heater question?

Eh... don't lie about it... it's a heater. Save your fibs for something real.

/smile
oothimus

Return to Habitat - Outdoor