Habitat - Outdoor :: Spa into turtle pond?

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 pm   Spa into turtle pond?

I always see these free spas on craiglist and I was thinking something like that would be perfect for our two RES. They're above ground and can hold up to 500 gallons of water. Has anyone tried converting a spa to a turtle pond. We have a smallish backyard with a cemented portion that gets no use, perfect for housing a spa.

I just want something to house our indoor turtles outside for the summer. They have a 100 gallon tank, but it would be nice to give them some extra space while it's so nice outside.

What kind of supplies would need. I've been reading up and know I would need a filter that filters 1500 gal min, and a pond pump, but aside from these things I've got no idea. Also does anyone have suggestions on the brands/styles of filters, and pumps for ponds?

Also, I'm new how do I upload a pic for my Avitar, it said mine was too large, but I dont know how to readjust. :mrgreen:

Thanks
Attachments
Sheldon & Nibbler.jpg
2 RES: Nibbler & Sheldon
2turtlvr

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:33 pm   Re: Spa into turtle pond?

There are quite a few who have used bath tubs are tanks. I don't see why a spa would not make a good "pond" (depending on what kind). You will probably need to add protection to keep predators out.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Outdoor