Habitat - Outdoor :: Willowtree Outdoor Turtle Enclosure

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 pm   Willowtree Outdoor Turtle Enclosure

Here's the link http://picasaweb.google.com/kliebertthedragon/OutdoorTurtleEnclosure# to a slideshow of my turtles' outdoor enclosure that I'm quite proud of. The turtles seem to like it quite well - the five aquatics occupy all the levels of the pond and bask on the stonework for hours on end, and the four box turtles seem to enjoy the caves and the nooks and crannies and the various patches of grass to hide and lurk in. I welcome and encourage any feedback about layout or suggestions or anything. I hope you enjoy the slideshow. Cheers, Kerry
Outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend. That's because, inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
nastyonespop

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:43 am   Re: Willowtree Outdoor Turtle Enclosure

Looks great! How many gallons is that pond?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:00 am   Re: Willowtree Outdoor Turtle Enclosure

it looks nice, might want to think about expanding the pond some. and i didnt see a filter on it at all.

also maybe plant some grass for the boxies or mulch to replace some of the stone. you could have like a path leading up to the pond
65 Gallon
-1 RES (Myrtle)
-1 Pleco (unnamed)
-1 four lined pimelodus catfish (unnamed)
-1 shubunkin (unnamed)
29 Gallon Planted Tank
-3 cory cats
-# guppies!
rsour24

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:30 am   Re: Willowtree Outdoor Turtle Enclosure

rsour24 wrote:it looks nice, might want to think about expanding the pond some. and i didnt see a filter on it at all.

also maybe plant some grass for the boxies or mulch to replace some of the stone. you could have like a path leading up to the pond

Well, one could argue that expanding it is almost impossible because there's not enough space, as the place is too narrow for him to reach the other end of the pond if he were to do so..
Marcus.85

Return to Habitat - Outdoor