Habitat - Outdoor :: am i nuts, or is this idea going to float? (see link)

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:59 am   

V Lou wrote:Oh, this is FUN!! Go get a bottle with a narrow neck, small mouth and fill it to the very tip-top with water. Place an index card over the mouth of the bottle and hold it on tightly, not letting any air slip in, as you turn the bottle upside down. (Do this in the bathtub.) Then, slip away the index card and keep trying until you get the water to stay up inside the bottle. So, go do that and then come back..... we'll wait..... no don't read ahead.... go on.....

If no air goes up inside the bottle, the water will remain suspended inside the bottle (for a little while). That's the trick.

That bottomless aquarium implies that it is also topless, since the air bubbler is running, that air is going someplace, out into the room... or it would be filling up the "aquarium" with air, displacing the water, if the aquarium were sealed on top, right? Okay, so there is not a lid on the top of the aquarium....

So it isn't like the bottle trick. The bottle, once you turn it upside down, only has an opening at the bottom and not the top. If air doesn't displace the water inside, the water stays up there (for a little while) in the bottle. Not so this bottomless aquarium.

The only way the water would stay up in that aquarium is if it the system were sealed and no air could get in.... it ain't sealed and air is getting in (the bubbler).... you can't stand water up just because it has aquarium glass sides around it..... just what part of "gravity" and "liquid" don't you understand :)

Besides, the fish swim funny............

lol you have to be kidding me....I will explain how this is NOT fake, and how you can go buy one in a store if you can find them or order them...

Submersible biological filter in lower tank helps to maintain clear water. Water change and massive cleaning is minimized. Cleaning is also make simple. Partial change of water and removing of dirt particle, if require, is carried out in the lower tank that include feeding. All rocks and plants in top tank are placed 12cm above bottom tank to allow easy access should siphoning of dirt is needed. Rocks need not have to be removed while cleaning is in progress.
Water current in top tank is activated by air pump.
Fish able to move from bottom tank to top tank without restriction. Mini waterfall in lower tank is to provide extra oxygenation of the water.
The open bottom design allows replacement of plants and decoration as often as you like.

So basically there are air pumps placed on correctly placed spots of the tank that make the water stay up there while filtering it and allowing fish to swim freely.

You are thinking there are no pumps at all and basically someone just filled it up with water and flipped it over real quick lol...

Watch this, It tells you EXACTLY how it is done. then you can come back and tell me "Okay, its real" lol

this shows one being made basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tq4LRu ... re=related
Last edited by SINI5T3R on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:06 am   

This is such a cool exercise, I could hardly sleep to see your reply! I watched this video, FAR OUT~~ The aquarium IS sealed and with the pump in the roof of the top chamber, the partial vacuum lifts the water up. Way Cool!!! So Far Out!!!

:) Okay, it's real!!!!! llol

Geeze. Making that on a really GRAND scale, at Vegas, ... guests could swim inside the upper portion. Wow!!! can't you just imagine it? Colored waterfalls on one side with lava rocks and caves, verticle swimming pool on the other side with hotel guests swimming inside it, ...... or something like that... WoW!!

His parents must be so proud ;)

Welp, now I can get my day started.
..................Wow! a verticle swimming pool.
Take care,
V Lou

I have:
2 kitties
lots of plants
1 female RES, Itai, 1 female Western Painted, Daisey. They have lots of colorful pet fish and about 770 gal water.
V Lou

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:52 pm   

He has a vacuum at the top so it'll be sucking some air out that the bubbler is putting it. Also, try getting a cup and putting it in your turtle's tank or whatever you have that can hold water. Make sure all the air is out of the cup and turn it upside down. Lift up the cup and the water should still be in the cup.
1 Mississippi Map Turtle 3.25'' (Landslide)
1 Ouachita Map Turtle 4.0'' (Hurricane)
The rest of the turtles have been adopted to good homes. :)
n00bEmpty

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 am   

Sure, but only if no air gets in... He has a pump at the top pulling the water up.... that's not fair :) lol
Take care,
V Lou

I have:
2 kitties
lots of plants
1 female RES, Itai, 1 female Western Painted, Daisey. They have lots of colorful pet fish and about 770 gal water.
V Lou

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:24 am   Re: am i nuts, or is this idea going to float? (see link)

I know this is an older post but for any one who reads this and wants to learn more about these tanks. Just check out this link, it will show you how it works. It is actually really brilliant. This video was also probably not around at the original time of posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miAfNiVW ... re=related

and yes it is also way off topic of the original post. lol
Snowlocke33

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 pm   Re: am i nuts, or is this idea going to float? (see link)

Pretty cool!
Thanks
Take care,
V Lou

I have:
2 kitties
lots of plants
V Lou

Previous

Return to Habitat - Outdoor