Habitat - Indoor :: Thrive elevated basking area

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:11 am   Thrive elevated basking area

Hello everyone. I am looking at getting the Thrive Elevated Basking Area from PetSmart but the metal mesh I am concerned with. I read the metal will rust and was thinking of spraying a sealant on it before using. I also will be putting down turf for the base so the nails will not get caught when climbing or basking. This is going to be a temporary secondary tank because my two turtles are fighting even though they have been with each other for years. I found a free tank that I can put one of them in until I can find a suitable one that is larger and then I will build an above tank basking area for the tank. The Thrive will be temporary but still want it waterproof so it doesn’t rust while finding a permanent tank that won’t break the budget. I’m hoping to hold out until Black Friday when there are sales and people will be upgrading and selling their old tanks. Any recommendations on sealant for metal that is safe? I included pictures of the basking area I intend to get.
Attachments
2EF2D7B9-9AD4-49AA-B682-7A8DA2973341.jpeg
CE042F7F-7F18-449E-81BE-AFB19FD2CCE4.jpeg
cocalicious mama

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:48 pm   Re: Thrive elevated basking area

Looks pretty interesting. It is probably powder coated but it will still be prone to rusting as long as it is near water. A little rust is easily removed and repainted. The comments on the PetSmart page can be pretty helpful regarding the ramp (BEFORE installation).
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:41 pm   Re: Thrive elevated basking area

Thank you.
cocalicious mama

Return to Habitat - Indoor