Habitat - Indoor :: diy basking dock in 100gal truvu tank

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:37 pm   diy basking dock in 100gal truvu tank

Hello,

I am currently in the process of setting up a 100-gallon truvu acrylic tank for my turtle Almond (currently in a glass 55). Now my question is specifically for those that are familiar with truvu tanks as they have two rectangular openings on the top instead of leaving the whole top exposed. Well im trying to make a basking dock the will sit right under one of the holes and not wobble around. Usually, I create my basking docks with pvc pipe extending down into the tank the laying a slate tile on top of a pvc 'table' type thing.

well, I can't really do with with a strange shaped hole in the center of the tank. Any suggestions?
r4nd0m11

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 am   Re: diy basking dock in 100gal truvu tank

Congrats on the new tank! There is probably no one here familiar with Truvu tanks (though I see a pic on their webiste). How big is the openings? What kind of decorations or substrate will you use with the tank? Acrylic scratches up easily, you need to be careful with anything abrasive.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 am   Re: diy basking dock in 100gal truvu tank

It's essentially a euro braced tank with really large bracing. IF you built a ramp that attached to the bracing, you could make and position an acrylic box that sits on top of the bracing. You have half of an ATBA already built into your tank. Let your turtle bask on top of the middle brace between the two holes.
VeipaCray

Return to Habitat - Indoor