Habitat - Indoor :: Scratching the tank

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:23 am   Scratching the tank

My female Eastern box turtle will scratch the side of the tank if I'm sitting near her. And she will also bury herself and then after about 2-5 minutes she'll come out, is that normal?
Ballerina12

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:05 am   Re: Scratching the tank

Ballerina12 wrote:My female Eastern box turtle will scratch the side of the tank if I'm sitting near her. And she will also bury herself and then after about 2-5 minutes she'll come out, is that normal?
Ballerina12

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:31 am   Re: Scratching the tank

She just wants more of your attention , she's seeing if you want to play hide and seek ! It's normal , turtles can be just like a child. They need attention ! Offer her more time and you will be surprised all you get from a turtle. Make all games you play slow and easy , remember you are a giant to her.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 am   Re: Scratching the tank

Thank you! Since I found her in my garden 2 days ago her back left foot is a little bit ingured but she still walks fine I let her walk around the house and I take her to walk around outside everyday for about 5-10 minutes I take her outside about 5 times a day she'll follow me around and she likes climbing on thing she falls over I flip back over and she's tries again!
Ballerina12

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:06 am   Re: Scratching the tank

If you live in a rural area that's native to box turtles it may do better back in the wild. If in a city and was abandoned , then if you can and will offer it a healthy , happy home and a well balanced diet that's great. Turtles make great pets ! First I would check for "lost Pet" signs to see if it just got away. Turtles can be fast when they want to and may have gotten loose from a child who's crying now !
litefoot

Return to Habitat - Indoor