Habitat - Indoor :: please help, I need to find a proper light

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:23 pm   please help, I need to find a proper light

have had this red ear slider turtle since December and I've been trying to figure out how to replace it, a pamplet I got from Petsmart suggested to replace the bulb after 5 months. I went back the other day to the store but had no idea how to replace it, I'm not even sure if the original owner gave me a LED light or UVB as she didn't tell me anything other than food. I asked her for help knowing how to replace it but she forgot which I find to be ridiculous.. Can anyone please help me tell what kind of light this is and which kind to get? All the light says is it is a Terra brand light but I can't find the exact light
Attachments
IMG_9057.JPG
leo588

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 pm   Re: please help, I need to find a proper light

Not sure what kind it is, but it will not provide UVB or heat for your turtle. Maybe you can use it for secondary lighting, but you will need the other two.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:36 pm   Re: please help, I need to find a proper light

steve wrote:Not sure what kind it is, but it will not provide UVB or heat for your turtle. Maybe you can use it for secondary lighting, but you will need the other two.

Thank you, I will buy a light set I found for him.
leo588

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:05 pm   Re: please help, I need to find a proper light

Those look like they might be LEDs to me, something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0191EWII2/re ... 3113204696

What Steve said. LEDS are energy efficient and last a long time. But don't do much for a turtle in terms of heat or UVB.
Kingbird44

Return to Habitat - Indoor