Habitat - Indoor :: Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:48 pm   Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

Hello, I bought a rubbermaid storage container (I can't remember the exact dimensions but it roughly fits 50-60 gallons of water). I am wondering if I can get advice as to what filter is appropriate for this container for my adult red eared slider? I was thinking an external cannister filter like Eheim, but the instructions say that the Eheim needs to be below the container to work optimally, but i strongly prefer my rubbermaid to be situated directly on the floor so I don't know what other options I have. Does anyone have any suggestions?
magicqiang

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:57 pm   Re: Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

It's possible to get a canister to work on a floor next to a tank but it's a bit of a pain to prime and get going. You might want to consider a hang-on back tank like an Aquaclear as they should work with your setup.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm   Re: Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

FX6. Hehe he And shame on you for keeping an adult turtle in such a confined space. I'm just in one of my moods Steve!
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:38 pm   Re: Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

Would you recommend the FX6 over an Eheim for the rubbermaid?
magicqiang

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:38 pm   Re: Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

FX6 is a great filter in it's price range... probably the best deal for a canister.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 pm   Re: Recommended filter for rubbermaid storage bin?

I love the fx filters. In my own opinion they are the best hands down.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Return to Habitat - Indoor