Habitat - Indoor :: tank looks bare

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:58 pm   tank looks bare

i have a 70 gallon tank filled up a bit more then half way with a 9 inch female turtle and i use floating cork for a basking area and it works great i made it very stable .... i have gravel at the bottom and thats it .... its just basking area gravel and filters + heater... i want to make the tank look better and also giving her a better environment ... i guess i wanted to give her more space to swim but now i think its time for change. i want to know what accesories i can put in my tank that will make my turtle happier
mitchy04

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:00 pm   

They like to forage, so you could add some smooth river rocks for her to push around (you don't need to cover the whole bottom). I'd take out the gravel, though--turtles often eat it and there's the possibility of impaction. Gravel also makes it harder to keep the tank clean.

Fake plants would add a bit of color and some look quite natural. A bubble want might also be interesting for her.

You could also raise the water level some more.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:06 pm   

A bubble :?:
mitchy04

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:09 pm   

Sorry :) I meant to say a bubble wand.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:16 pm   

I think they are also called "bubble stones"
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:34 pm   be shure

make shure you dont over do it! They call them bubble stones, bubble bars, bubble wand. all prrety much the same thing. I have a bubble bar and it lookes very cool. it makes bubbles go acros the tank about 10 inches. you will need a air pump for it to power the bubble bar (pretty chep for the "cool" factor). be shure not to over do it though. my friend has like 30 huge decorative rocks in his tank and his turtles have no ware to swim better yet move.

POST SOME PICS TOO!
GouzlanTheAmerican

Return to Habitat - Indoor