Habitat - Indoor :: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:11 am   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

At least 8 dollars is much better especially being on a budget with saving for a new apartment. That was a wise choice to contact the manufacture directly.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Whelp I don't have to buy one ! They're tech support was awesome !
2 RES Males , God and Lucifer
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:16 am   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Now hopefully it's that /.\
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Cool! They sent me a check a few years ago to send back their heaters... seems like they were exploding.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:54 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

That's crazy ! Might be getting an impeller too I'm not sure
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

I am wishing you the very best turtle girl and Steve, she had sent me some text today with photos on her baby dbt little set up. I am very much impressed on how her skills are coming along withing the set ups and husbandry care that it resulted in some ideas for my upcoming outside enclosures, I thanked her for it. Keep doing well and you and your boyfriend get your new home, I will see about sending you out a new turtle to throw into the mix only if you want. I still have all my wholesale connections since my return from England and a few of my breeder friends from years back still live here.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:05 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

ONLY IF I WANT OMG WELL DUHHHHH the hybino you have is gorgeous ! It's got an almost purple hue to it and it's just beautiful !! And I haven't gotten an email back from tech support yet as to if the stuff for my filter sent but I hope it did. BBut until I find out my turtles are in maybe 20 gallons of water to keep water changes easy .. Cause my filters not working AT all and it sucks :/ if only someone had a filter that could pump for 100 gallons that they weren't using lol it'd be a life saver xD and yes I'm slowly learning . I wanna make a trickle tower so bad xD
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:54 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

You are doing very well overall as a turtle mama and I hope you get the parts needed soon for the filtration system. When the Daytona show comes or before then if available, keep your phone on you so I can send some turtle photos when I see something interesting. When do you and your boyfriend think that you may have your new apartment?

Josh has brought up some good ideas based on your photos and he will be designing and utilizing large plastic 300 to 560 gallon stock tanks at first then moving up to the 1100 gallon complete turtle ponds that include smaller stock tanks inside for swimming with internal basking an attached area similar to waterland tubs and surrounded by sand for egg laying and such. He will also be creating a smaller one for babies to 4 inch turtles as well that he plans to deck out. I am looking for a 300 gallon I think first for him to customize for the back yard for the three albinos and hybino to go play in during the day hours. I know it is going to be a big area for them really but most likely 2 more turtles will be joining them by the Daytona expo. Yeah the hybino is unique overall.
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:47 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Not sure it's impossible to save lol , and defffff I wanna see pictures . Do they sell any cheap breeds down there ? By next year I will have my stock tank and will wanna add a male of something I don't have xD I want a Pearl River Map . Or a Rio Grande Slider . Something that's got pretty colors too . It and that's Tampa Bay , I appreciate the compliments :) I'm trying my hardest to become better at this . I slowly learn more every day lol can't wait to get a stock tank that'll be my project . WWONDER if I could cut a viewing window in a stock tank and silicone a glass panel in 0.o
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 am   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

I will get photos of course and what I like about the set ups Josh will be working on is the basking areas inside the stock tanks, Josh will be actually molding them into the internal stock tank itself. The internal stock tank will hold the filtration and water with boat drain plug. The internal stock tank will be surround by sand to allow the turtles to bask more and provide the nesting grounds for the eggs. After talking to my lifetime friend Megan from the clinic last night who breeds turtles herself, she stated that with the turtles being raised in such a environment would lower the risk off eggs being released in the water as the turtles would know over long term on where to lay them and it is their safe lead way out to do so. This won't stop all turtles but the sooner they are in a set up similar, the risk are very low on laying them in the water which I felt was really good advise. Megan will be coming up to my area prior to Daytona and staying at my place for a week before so we can spend time together like the old days sort of speak. She is a truly remarkable person in friendship, with turtles and tortoises from the clinic, turtle and tortoise breeder and former co worker.

Rio Grandes are a dime a dozen sort of speak and frankly the Pearl River Maps are affordable as well. My breeder friends would hook me up with either really and what I love about the Daytona Expo, even if I do not know a certain breeder, one of my friends would on a personal level to the breeder that I would want to deal from if they have something I want. Year after year in Daytona , before the event, after the event hours each day, it is ongoing huge hotel parties and beach parties for all the breeders to enjoy and not opened to the general public unless the public is tightly connected to a breeder. Many times, these are the times the exchanges are made. The breeders prior to this will look at each others stock so they can put selected animals aside for each other before the general public has time to purchase those animals. What you mentioned on the Pearl River Map or a Rio Grande Slider would be easy for me to get doing this and I may be able to get both for next to nothing with my connections.

This breeder of the albinos known as " Allison " who I never met as a example, I will finally meet in Daytona through my friend Kevin. Looking forward to this myself.
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:27 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Wow really ?!?! That'd he awesome lol whens the Daytona show ? So I can have some money put up xD . But yea I want a 110 gallon stock tank and I'd build an ATBA for it . I actually have quote a few ideas on that . And being in close with breeders is a good thing actually cause you get good deals and discounts .
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:31 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

The big show is in August: http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:51 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

Marineland is sending me the gasket kit hopefully it works !!!!
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm   Re: Magnum 350 won't purge ?

It's in a "turtle tank", which means the tank and filter are useless.
steve
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Habitat - Indoor