Habitat - Indoor :: How I built my ATBA (pic heavy)

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:38 pm   Re: How I built my ATBA (pic heavy)

Awesome work NYstyle! Glad I could help!

The silicone has held up just fine by the way, although, I did 'overlap' the plexi with it a little... so it's more like a rubber frame adhered to the wood than a true adhesive.

The only possible issue/difference with your setup is the light. I really hate my dual dome for the simple fact that I can't adjust the height of the bulbs independently, and with yours sitting on top of the ATBA you can't adjust the height of either, although I can't really tell from the photo what it's sitting on.
OtisDriftwood

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:05 pm   Re: How I built my ATBA (pic heavy)

Both so great!! ugh I wish I had your skills guys! ugh. lol someone open and a store and mass produce please so I can just buy it.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
Jean, Harley and Remy -DBT
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:46 pm   Re: How I built my ATBA (pic heavy)

Try it! It's not nearly as daunting as you think.
OtisDriftwood

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:46 pm   Re: How I built my ATBA (pic heavy)

I just have it sitting on the wood. I thought about stapling some mesh across the top, or even spending the money on one of those light stands. But for now it just sits on top. As long as I'm not away on a trip, there are no issues. When the wife is left unsupervised, THAT'S a different story..
NYstyle

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 am   Re: How I built my ATBA (pic heavy)

I'm really tempted to try this - and I'm interested in the LED light strip too - you lost me a little in explaining where and how they are actually attached. Can you post any pix of that? --- AND - how long is the ramp? i.e. - how far into the water does it reach? From the pics it looks like it's only an inch or two into the water.
Jeff
3 RES - 75 gal
My habitat progression: http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38727
rctoyguy

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor