Habitat - Indoor :: New tank story (Mr. Turtle meets mack daddy home!)

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:50 pm   New tank story (Mr. Turtle meets mack daddy home!)

Ok, I had my turtle in a 20 gallon tank for many years, and just found out that I really needed a larger home for him.
So I set up a much larger tank, turtle basking dock, new larger filter, etc. So I put him on the basking dock and just watch and wait. I was a little worried because he was so used to his old tank and i'm paranoid that he won't like it!
After a few minutes I notice his little head ducked in to the water. Then he comes back up and blinks a few times. he does this several times (btw he had never done this before!), then dives into the now much deeper water. Then he swam, and swam, and swam, checked out the bottom of the dock, and swam and swam. Then he decided he liked the bubbles and started biting at them lol. It was like instant energy for him! Now he's so happy he won't even come out of the water!

I just thought I would share this cute little story for all you RES lovers out there. I don't think most people think that Turtles have their own personalities, but they really do!!
tissigirl

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:15 pm   

They definetly have their own personalities :D How big is the new tank? Bet he loves it!
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:19 pm   

I got a 40 gallon. It doesn't give him much room to grow, but I don't have the room or the money right now for a bigger one. I figure by the time he needs a bigger one in a few years i'll have a bigger place and more money!!
tissigirl

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:54 pm   

Glad to hear it Tissi, sounds like you and your RES are doing just fine :D
I have 8 cats at my house, 1 dog, 1 fish, and 2 RES turtles, what more could I want?
LuvOfTurtles7290

Return to Habitat - Indoor