General Care Discussion :: Sunny's Shell

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:07 am   Sunny's Shell

Hi I have a yellow bellied slider that was in need of a new home. My children call her Sunny.

Anyways I want to be as informed as possible. I have concerns about her shell. It's rigged in the back and smooth in the front. But the colors vary around the edges. I've read that the shell shouldn't have ridges.

There are "ripples" in the upper half of her shell but no pits I believe. She also does not have soft spots in the shell but it appears there is pyramids or the beginning of them. Slight raised spots near the tail end.

Also not entirely sure but she when dry seems very dry in certain areas. What can I do to help this if anything even needs done.

I want to give her the best life possible here with us. She is about 2 years old now I think and I feed her 3 times a week. And her diet has only ever been pellets, should I introduce something new

Her tank is clean She uses the basking ledge and stays completely dry while on it but the person before me can't remember the last shed ?she? Had. So I'm not sure if these possible issues are issues due to diet or shedding or literally anything else.
Im working on photos but can't seem to get ones that are small enough in size to upload.

Any and all help would be super amazing. Thanks!
-Xen
Xen&Sunny

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:49 pm   Re: Sunny's Shell

Can you link a picture to a 3rd party site? Younger turtles really shouldn't have ripples in their shells.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:07 pm   Re: Sunny's Shell

Hi I made a quick discord server to upload photos to as this was the only way I could think to upload to a third party. Here is the invite link to that https://discord.com/invite/BJqsVdpx
Xen&Sunny

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:17 pm   Re: Sunny's Shell

can you email it to me? redearslider@gmail.com
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion