General Care Discussion :: Albino Terrapin.

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:38 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

thanks steve, and btw i purchase a fluval fx 4 in amazon singapore, hopefully will reach me within a few days as it's shorter then the oase... and it's cheaper then the oase..

was thinking , should i replace the output nozzle to spray bar instead.

and for the docking, any recommendation?
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:35 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

Spray bar might be more noisier, though I would only use it if your turtle is aggressive with the nozzle. For docking, your tub is pretty wide? Something with PVC pipe and tile would probably be easiest.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:18 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

thanks so much again Steve, will upload pictures once everything has been setup :)

thanks again.
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:52 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

Hi Steve,

am very sorry, abit busy with work.

and my 480 litres tub have not reached me yet due to some delay over at China side, also recently purchase the fluval 207 for my 60 litres tank and remove the internal and hang on back filter, the canister filter is better, i should have purchase a canister filter in the first place..

some pics showing my res and fluval 207, loving it so much while waiting for my tub.

lastly, i have purchase the largest canister available, in this case is oase 850 and change the pre filter to 60ppi so i will be cleaning the pre filter weekly and in the main canister filter, maybe 2 or 3 month once.

waiting for my tub so i can assemble my oase canister filter 850 :), will update some pics once my tub reaches me, hopefully by end of September or early October.

some pics below showing my oase biomaster 850..

XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:24 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

Looks like you've made a lot of progress and close to finishing it all. Thanks for the update!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:14 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

thanks Steve, after changing to the fluval 207 canister filter, my water is crystal clear for days... unlike the hang on back filter, after 3 or 4 days, it start to become a little cloudy.

the same goes for internal filter, when i do maintenance for my internal filter, i need to take out from the water, all the remaining drops into the water..

should have purchase the fluval canister at the 1st place..

also, my little res allow me to pet its head, each time i move to the tank, it swim towards me and head is at the surface of water, i will then pat it couple of times and it swam away.

:D :D
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:59 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

Love the interaction with RES... they are very inquisitive and like to explore. Glad everything is working out well.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:48 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

question, Steve..

in biomaster 850, there is a prefilter, then at the bottom of canister will have 2 trays of hel X, after that will be blue foam *4, and top will be the orange foam *1.

i am thinking for the bottom tray to put the blue foam 1st, since my prefilter is 60 ppi and will tray most debris. but in case some debris manage to pass through, i still have foam to catch it, after that will be hel x for the bottom 2nd tray followed by another tray hel X, but i will replace this hel x to seachem matrix...

there after, will be another 3 trays of foam and top will be the orange foam and i am intending to place some polyfil foam on top of the orange foam to catch the remaining debris should there be any.

is this possible??

the default is pre filter > bottom of main canister is hel X, Hel X , blue foam, blue foam, Blue foam, blue foam , orange foam.
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:16 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

You can probably change it, but the layout sounds OK too. From the product diagram, the water travels to the blue foam before the Hel X, then back up.
Attachments
filter.jpg
filter.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 3272 times
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:28 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

oh in this case, i will leave it as it is then.
just that the top maybe place the very fine filter foam such as polyfil...

thanks again Steve :)
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

1 more question, Steve.

recently i have jus cycled my tank, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 10 or 20, not really sure which color.

I have bare tank, and feeding is in a seperate tank. no decorations except a basking area...

most of the time when i see it's poop, i will scoop up, but sometimes when i am away, saw the terrapin ate it couple of times and those small crubs, will get sucked in the the fluval canister filter.

is nitrate 10 or 20 ok?
Last edited by XtReMeBoL on Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:16 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

attached is my test kit result using API master kit.

please advise, just did a water change of 20%

XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

I think the levels look fine, especially since the tank is bare.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:52 pm   Re: Albino Terrapin.

Thanks Steve, once my final setup is done . Will upload pictures
XtReMeBoL

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:33 am   Re: Albino Terrapin.

steve wrote:I think the levels look fine, especially since the tank is bare.

question Steve... i just did my weekly water changes of about 25% on saturday which is 4 days ago.
i tried using the kit to test the water today and found out that my ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0 and nitrate is also 0.

is this okay or i should add some beneficial bacterial (seachem stability) in the water?
XtReMeBoL

PreviousNext

Return to General Care Discussion