General Care Discussion :: Gravid? I have no idea but maybe.

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:36 pm   Gravid? I have no idea but maybe.

Shes 17 years old. If u look in the basking section ull see the new setup I just did for her. It is probably the healthiest she has ever been. I have never ever experienced her having eggs. But from the description on the internet shes super aggressively trying to get out of tank. Pushing against the egg crate trying to spiderman it.. Scratching her back legs by themselves in her basking area. Then she scratches her front legs and it's like shes looking down or scratching her nose? I did buy a decent container and some dirt which I'm drying out now with some sand. It rained recently so all dirt is wet. By that quick discription should I be worring? It's been happening the last 4-6 days. A few days after I changed her setup which she seemed to love from her doing normal turtle stuff and no scratching.
Zuldope

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 pm   Re: Gravid? I have no idea but maybe.

It does sound like she's gravid. Have you tried feeling for them? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY2pRyQgn9o
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:06 pm   Re: Gravid? I have no idea but maybe.

If you have access to an safe outdoor area that has some exposed soil, try taking her out there on a sunny day. The direct sun would be a benefit as well. Mine recently had her second batch and started to dig the hole within 20 minutes.
Madness will reign.
Insanity

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 am   Re: Gravid? I have no idea but maybe.

She ended up climbing out of the tank a day or 2 after I made this post. She fell like 4 feet. So I took her to vet and xrayed her. No eggs forming. And thankfully no cracked shell from the fall into the tile.
Zuldope

Return to General Care Discussion