General Care Discussion :: Uncertain if gravid?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm   Re: Uncertain if gravid?

IMO was stated , your call. Thanks

Sorry I'm an retired old man now … Can see all my degrees , "MY" decades of office work and year's volunteering my services at the nature center were all wrong. X-ray's when set correct will and do show soft tissue of developing eggs as with other organs. Bad x rays are just bad shows little.

Not for me because I too old for this ___. Please keep info the same or correct in post for others. You state first pitting on shell edges now on rib area shown in x rays … ? Just to old for misconception's to be the way.

My successful client list and all office work was turned over to my oldest daughter , it runs in the family helping , especially turtles. Must of been doing thing's right put two beautiful women in college. Just had to let you know , I'm old now and can say that . When younger I would have not said anything being an old man now we you can blame it on that. I will keep my insight and all to me and my happy healthy Piggley ! You can call it ego if you want to feel better but a well served and earned ego/rant to one's of the "IDK" . Got to go now for better things , Piggley and I going to the Bayou Boogaloo Festival and enjoying life together .
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:33 am   Re: Uncertain if gravid?

Those eggs look huge! No surprise she wanted to get rid of them quickly. Do you have a copy of the x-rays? I've never heard of the pitting, I'm curious as to the look of it.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:11 pm   Re: Uncertain if gravid?

Sorry for the delay, took a while to get a hold of the vet and play phone tag to get the x-ray images. The red circle indicates where she thought the shell showed reduced density. She said that the area by the tail look typical, but by the front legs were of a bit lower density.

She's been eating well since her last batch of eggs; pellets, worms, cuttlebone, dandelion greens, jello shots (ground pellets and cuttlebone). Still giving her calcium gluconate via mealworms as well. I've been taking her outside for direct sun as weather permits.

47985MORLA_CR_NO_20190422_002_a.jpg
Madness will reign.
Insanity

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:37 pm   Re: Uncertain if gravid?

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I wonder how often this comes up and if there is another way to verify or test. Very cool x-ray btw, I remember my RES wouldn't stay still for hers :lol:

Glad to hear she's doing better!
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Care Discussion