General Care Discussion :: Tiny green-brown bugs all-over my tank and turtle

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:55 pm   Tiny green-brown bugs all-over my tank and turtle

I'm really ashamed for not noticing this sooner but there are lots of this parasite(?) all over my tank, crawling on the gravel, (Yes, I will get rid of it.) swiming and on my turtles body. I washed her but they didn't come off. I'm thinking about washing the tank with boiling water and making my way to the vet as soon as he opens. I searched the forum but I couldn't find this bug type. Here is the picture:

http://imgur.com/bxURit6
atmoran

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 am   Re: Tiny green-brown bugs all-over my tank and turtle

Did you add any live plants or anything new to tank lately. Anything you may want to add I would quarantine and wash extra good !

Picture to me is not clear ? Do you have a Macro lens you could use ?

Trying to link this to you but not allowing third party hosting : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25780

Maybe you could use the names on it and search pictures on the internet? I emailed the administrator of the problem hope it gets fixed soon.

With my bad eyes and the picture ... are they hard can you pop them ? Looks like baby snails. This is very very blown up : See Below.

Also for safety I would get rid of those small aquarium rocks before your turtle eats some and get a blockage. That's a big Vet bill ! Go bare bottom or large river rocks even sand is good too small to cause a blockage !
Attachments
pond-snail1[1].jpg
litefoot

Return to General Care Discussion