General Care Discussion :: Is this possible?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:59 pm   Is this possible?

I just got a 180 gallon tank for my turtles and i was wondering because i wanred to put my Ryukin in the old 10 gallon tank because it has all those reptisafe and other good stuff for my turtles.

i want 2 be care ul because my Ryukin is 4 years old and a good freind
harendre7201

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:57 pm   

what are you keeping him in right now? How big is he? The rule for fish is 1 gallon per inch. I don't know much about fish, I can't seem to keep them alive but if the 10gal is bigger than what he's in now, I'd say go ahead and put him in there. Change the water and clean the tank and filter and let them all cycle first tho.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:17 pm   

The rule is different for goldfish. It is a minimum of 10 gallons per fish. More water if they are larger and 10 times the GPH volume of water.

How big the Ryukin? What set up does the fish have now? Tank size, filtration, etc.
Giddy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:23 pm   

For the last 4 years hi was in a Minibow 5 the setup was a Tetra Whisper 1o gallaon filter ,a plain small light blub, and 15r watt heater,

Navox( Ryukin name) is about 4 and 1/2 inches log
harendre7201

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:15 am   

Yes, your goldfish would be much better off in the ten gallon. Do not use gravel or anything to cover the bottom, let the fish have the extra water. A few river rocks or something is fine. But putting gravel down cuts on the water volume. You should also upgrade the filter. Something about 200GPH should be good for his size.
Giddy

Return to General Care Discussion