General Care Discussion :: basking

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:19 pm   basking

this may have already been discussed in another topic, so im sorry if i am repeating myself.
but i have had my turtle for about 4 or 5 months now. he has always been healthy and stuff. when he was little if he was basking and i walked in the room he would hide when he saw me, but about a month ago if he was basking and i walked in he didnt hide. so about a week ago i noticed that he wasnt basking at all. he just sleeps under the basking dock against the glass all the time. i havent changed anything, except i moved his heater around, but thats it. is this normal or is there something wrong?? :?
sweetnspoiled55

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:39 pm   

The one thing I'd suggest is checking the water and basking temperatures. There should be around a 10 degree difference. The water for a hatchling should be around 78 degrees and the basking temp high 80s to low 90s. Are there any other symptoms. Is he eating normally? Swollen eyes/ears? A runny nose?

Keep us posted.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:49 pm   

Is the water circulating so that it's being evenly heated? Check the water temp.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to General Care Discussion