General Care Discussion :: Responding to movement... funny!

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:02 am   Responding to movement... funny!

I have three turtles in my tank currently, and they are all nosey little buggers when ANYONE comes into the kitchen/ dining room!

On reaching into the cupboard under the tank I noticed two of them (Squirt and Penny) swimming around where I was kneeling, which is pretty normal, then I noticed Spanky lean over the floating dock and poke his head into the water to get a view of what I was doing...

When he did this I raised myself up to past the water level and as I did that he followed suit and took his head out of the water... Then as a big kid I ducked down again so he was out of sight - once again he dipped his head into the water...

This went on for several more times, until I called my brother in to see it. I never realised before just how nosey or inquisitive they are...

Just thought I would share... :D
Hammy
Hammy

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:53 am   

Such a cute story! Koopa will follow your hand into the drawer that is under his tank that holds his pellets, at least until he hits the bottom of the tank and then he just swims looking down. They are such interesting animals. :D
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:46 am   hey

Mine does the same.It's so cute.When she sees me,she just hurries to the aquarium wall,and then when I stick my fingers in her tank she calms down a bit,but still chases my finger.Oh,I love that cute,little butthead.
vieniebebe

Return to General Care Discussion