General Care Discussion :: Is it normal for my turtle to have green poop?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:03 pm   Is it normal for my turtle to have green poop?

I recently fed my turtle some grape, and he seem to luv it. However, when I checked this morning, there was an extremely big pile of poop on his basking spot that was green. It was slimy and could float in his tank... Sorry if I'm totally grossing you guys out but I was just wondering if this was normal...? Also, my turtle tend to only eat romaine lettuce and leaves his pellets alone, even when I separated them, he just ignores the pellets)
lazixixi

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:06 pm   

sounds like the green poop is probably from eating so much lettuce. How often are you feeding pellets? Have you tried any other veggies?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:26 am   

I feed it pellets without the veggies every single day, but he just wont eat it. I even broke the pellets up into lil peices so he could swallor easiar.
lazixixi

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:39 pm   

Slimey poop sounds like it could be a lack of fiber. Grapes don't provide fiber (unless you give the skin as well, and then not that much), romaine provides some (but water as well).

Try soaking the pellets in some water from sardines or tuna, let them dry a bit and give them to your turtle. See if he likes them better that way.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to General Care Discussion