General Care Discussion :: hiding head in shell

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:21 am   hiding head in shell

hey there
one of my little res's, danger, has been acting strange today. he always is weird and skittish, but today hes been spending alot of time on the bottom of the tank with his head in his shell. he doesnt seem to do it for that long, as ill catch him basking or looking for food every now and then, but im just wondering what this could mean, and if this is normal- he just seems depressed.
nothing has changed in their water temp or eating or tank. he ate a bit today too.
thanks
nick
nick

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:51 am   

What is the temp of the water? Has he not been eating and now he's eating some, or are his eating habits basically the same as before?

Does he display any other symptoms---open-mouth breathing when he's basking, frequent yawning, wheezing, for example?

What you've described doesn't really sound abnormal to me. But I'd keep an eye out for any other unusual behavior/symptoms just in case you're seeing the start of a respiratory infection or other condition.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to General Care Discussion