General Care Discussion :: What is wrong!?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:44 pm   What is wrong!?

Ok i ahve posted here before but now i am not sure what the deal is. I have a baby RES a little over an inch i guess. I dont think he is really eating. His right eye seems to get irritated but i put drops in and it is ok. I have 2 baby res and i put them both in the filfa dip as a preventative. The other turtle seems fine ate the other day i think ate today and swims and is ok. The one in question sleeps alot. Either sleeps in the water or in the basking area. I am not sure whaat i whsould do i wa thining of getting hydra life or the vitamins you give them. Anyone know what is wrong with this little guy? I mean i feel like i have done everything and if i pick him up to out the medication in when i put him back he will swim and then it is back to sleep. The other one ealks on the bottom of the tank and this one never does. Anyone that can help please post. Oh and i am giving the one that is not eating the appetite plus medicine but i am not sure if it is working.

10 galling tank water 80 degrees basking area both uva and uvb light. The basking area was real high like 110 i did not have a thermometer at the time i got one today saw how hot is was and went and got a 60 wat one. So it will be better now.
joem1481

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:16 am   

You need to take him to a herp vet. He is exhibiting signs of illness and no one on here is qualified to diagnose him. We can help you decide whether or not he is ill, or if it sounds like a particular illness if the symptoms are clear, but other than that he is your responsibility and you need to take the steps needed to insure he is well.

As I recall he's not really eaten since you've had him, which he should be doing by now I would think. If he were mine, this would be the point I'd be calling a vet and taking him.
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:07 am   

i am going to try and take him tomorrow if the vet is avaiable
joem1481

Return to General Care Discussion