General Care Discussion :: Went to Wal Mart today got a few questions

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:31 pm   

ya
sinbads owner
sinbad

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:11 pm   

They said the ph was fine it was a 7.6 and that there was no ammonia at all. Oh and for the mineral buildup how often do you take your turtles out to brush them?

And should I add the water conditioner? And if so how much? I think I have about 12 gallons in there maybe 15 (I lost count)
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:22 pm   

well one would hope if it came right from the tap that there'd be no ammonia.. that usually comes from waste in the water.. :)

Brush them like every other week.. or so. Just don't need to do it daily as it can irritate their shells not to mention them LOL
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:37 pm   

You found a rock with plants sticking out of it at Wal-Mart? I'd like to have one of those. Can you describe this rock, and is it on the web site, cuz I haven't seen any at PetSmart, or Wal-mart.
echopulse

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:39 pm   

in the fish department, on the very bottom shelf, there should be a sign with XXL aquarium decorations, i payed $20 for my log, and they absolutely love it, they love to wedge between it and the tank side, love being in it, the fake little plants on it, its a great thing for them to do!
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:54 am   

Yeah it was at wal mart and if you go to the pictures here on this website and go to Michelangelo's new tank you'll see it. It looks like a big rock pillar that has little steps leading up to it and it has fake rocks in the mold on the bottom that my shrimp and snails love to get down in. It cost me 20 dollars as well and it was fairly big and heavy. Wal mart on their website doesn't have the fish stuff up so you'll have to go to the store to get it. To give you an idea of what I got at walmart http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_ ... 7588405624 except it's bigger, grey, has more rocks and texture to it and a bottom and bigger plants on the sides.

Here are a few things I was thinking of getting Michelangelo off of Petsmart to help you out

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_ ... 7588548683

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx? ... lyID=8312&

basically I was going after anything that looked realish with fake plants attached.
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Previous

Return to General Care Discussion