General Care Discussion :: i have q thanx

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:24 pm   i have q thanx

my question is how can i stop salmonia from happing thanx for help
soldier1

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:33 pm   

Most reptiles and many other animals are carriers of the bacteria and show no symptoms, although others can be infected. The bacteria is shed from the intestines when the turtle is sick or stressed. The best thing you can to to keep from getting it is to keep your turtle healthy (with a good habitat and diet) and wash your hands well (for at least 30 sec.) with soap after handling him or his things. If you do this, you shouldn't really have to worry about getting salmonella from your turtle.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:30 am   

my eyes are burning from trying to read that, but kudos again, marisa. yeah. wash your hands. and dont make a habit of licking your turts. that is all.
From the homegrowers soul, straight to his lungs. That's the method that I myself find fun. Start from seed and then you'll see, just how fun homegrowing can be.
da sAUCE!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:04 pm   

well, i saw something in walmart called repto guard, its 2.99, says prevents all diseases and makes it so you sdont have to wash your hands, i dont trust it thought, i need a guinea pig.....
Elliott
ellman605

Return to General Care Discussion