Urgent Care :: HELP!!!! PLEASE EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:51 am   

here's Vivi's pic.

The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:26 am   

Oh that poor baby :(
Dylan ~17~, Brianna~14~ Ethan ~10~ Ava ~4~
flutterby

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:50 am   

OUCH... and I was expecting a smaller turtle, good thing it was a big one or it probably wouldn't have survived!! Hope she's doing well.. ummm is it a she??
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:28 pm   

well, did they do something about the dog? she looks like a tough girl, i hope you'll be able to complete the long healing process.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:02 pm   

Are those white patches the repairs made by the vet???

Poor turtle, I hope it'll get better soon. :(
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:28 pm   

Wow--she had a number done on her, didn't she... Take good care of her and keep us updated on her progress. (Having the dog checked out isn't a bad idea--s/he could get sick from the turtle.)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:51 pm   

I'd give that dog the old yeller treatment...... poor turt
bradhart

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:57 pm   

well she is doing very good and i think she is a he cuz the tail is long. she/he is doing very good crush is in his tank and he hasnt lost his appetite and wants more and more. i have to inject her with shots the vet gave me. the vet said that crush i going to have the patches until they fall by themselves and see if the wounds are better. if there good crush wont need the patches. crush is fine except for the part when i have to give him his infection :( . well thanks again for the help and i'll keep u guys up dated.
Vivi

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:20 pm   

Glad to hear Crush is doing well.

I don't think you can blame the dog--dogs are dogs and will chew on things. I wouldn't trust any dog around a turt.

How big is Crush (shell length not including the curve)? Can't see the tail, but Crush looks fairly big. If the shell length is 4+ inches, with those short from nails, I was thinking female. You said the tail was long--is it skinny, or is the base of the tail thick/broad? Where is the anal vent in relation to the shell--closer to the shell or to the tip of the tail?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:13 pm   

I know you can't blame the dog.... but I sure would like to!
bradhart

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:00 pm   

the base is thick and the anal vent i would say closer to the shell. the shell is 6 and 1/2 and i know you cant blame a dog but i did but now i got over being mad at him and just happy that crush is fine.
Vivi

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:06 am   

Good to hear your turtle is doing better.
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:29 am   

Well..Oh my god!! Crush sure did take a beatin! Thats one turt with nine lives! Im so glad that he is going to be ok. It is amazing how the vet put that coating on his back. I've never seen anything like it. Wow! That is my worest nightmare, having something get one our our res like that. You did very good and im sure your turt thanks you for saving his life!
tinyslider

Previous

Return to Urgent Care