Urgent Care :: Isabelle and Emmy

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:18 pm   Isabelle and Emmy

i have two turtles, one res-isabelle-born in july of 2004, and one box turtle(i think)-emmy-i think born in spring of 2003. they both play well and seem happy. isabelle eats once a day-i tried feeding her twice a day, but she only eats once. i give her reptile sticks-she eats almost 2-in a bowl with about a half inch of water in it. i'm more worried about the fact that she's still the size of a quarter. she has a ten gallon tank, 3/4 water with a big thing in it she can climb on if she wants out of the water(no, i don't know she's a girl lol). emmy is offered food every day, i can only get her to eat lettuce and limited fruits. she is picky(or spoiled-you choose)-she has her apple slices peeled before she'll eat them. i know she's a box turtle-not a slider, but i was hoping you might have some advice anyway. she's been like this since i got her. she won't eat pellets or the mixtures the turtle troubleshooters suggested. she just snubs it all. thanks for any suggestions in advance=)
jezzell

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:31 pm   

well if you're trying to feed the box reptomin, it wont eat. reptomin has animal proteins. boxes are herbivorous.
From the homegrowers soul, straight to his lungs. That's the method that I myself find fun. Start from seed and then you'll see, just how fun homegrowing can be.
da sAUCE!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:53 pm   

Check your other post about Isabelle, the RES.

For Emmy, it would be good to do a search for care sheets on box turtles.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:36 pm   

the res eats pellets, she appearantly eats good. the box turtle only eats limited fruits and veggies, i'll have to look it up again=). i don't have a uvb light, i'll have to check the pet store here(backwoods usa lol). anyway, thank you for advice=)
jezzell

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:10 am   

STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:38 am   

dude, thank you so much! i've already found 3 possible-1 definite problem that there is, and i've only gotten through 1 paragraph. i will be able to read better at nap time lol, but right now i'm catching "mommy, mommy, mommy" between the sentences.=) (they love your picture by the way stray=)!) anyway, i just wanted to say thanks again=)
jezzell

Return to Urgent Care