Urgent Care :: Eyes Closed

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:17 pm   Eyes Closed

I am very worried because recently my two RES are always with their eyes closed. When they are basking and even swimming with their eyes closed. The little one I have had for a little less than a year (his name is Franklin) and he started swimming with his eyes closed for almost a week now! I am very worried. What does that mean?? :(
~Janni~
jave

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:20 pm   

what are your basking and water temps? Are they closed or are they swollen shut? Are they eating? Are there any other signs of illness?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:42 pm   

I have a filter and a 10 gallon tank. The water temp is usually between 75-80 heated by the lamp in the tank. They have been very happy hyper turtles up until a few days ago. The eyes kind of look swollen shut because he won't open then at all. The big one (Bowser) has his eyes shut a lot too, but he does open them from time to time but he has been sleeping A LOT too.
~Janni~
jave

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:48 pm   

I responded to your other post under Hope 27's Won't Swim... (on page 2) with some suggestions and other questions...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Urgent Care